IS THE TRAINING PROGRAM STANDARDIZED OR DOES IT VARY BY COACH?
The program is standardized, which means it will be consistent wherever and whenever you train. It changes daily based on the focus, and it is designed to evolve and progress as our athletes do to avoid plateaus.
No two programs are exactly alike. The weekend program is the same on Saturday but it will be entirely different from the previous weekend. The only constant in each session is The Warm-up, which is arguably the toughest part of class.
All our certified Coaches are excellent and offer a unique approach in their delivery of the program, but the daily message is always consistent in order to maintain the integrity and the quality of the Bill Corbett Boxing and Fitness experience.
WHAT ARE THE SESSIONS LIKE?
Sessions are pace- and time-based, rather than focused on reps. The intensity and integrity of the program will never be compromised, but we understand there will be a mix of fitness levels in each session so modifications and progressions will be offered to ensure no one is excluded.
Exercises encompass familiar and unfamiliar movements as your body adjusts to training in a very different, yet highly functional, manner. Athletes have the ability to go at their own pace, but our Coaches will hold everyone accountable and strive to push everyone out of their comfort zone.
Rather than a militant or drill sergeant approach to instruction, which is overkill with this type of program, Bill Corbett Boxing and Fitness values positive reinforcement and community within its space so everyone leaves feeling supported and accomplished.
WHAT IS THE CLASS STRUCTURE?
- The Warm Up – 10 minute dynamic, nonstop, and progressively challenging movements to mentally and physically prepare you for training.
- Consistent transitions from explosive to non-explosive exercises combined with resistance and velocity training techniques.
- Active recovery periods to maintain elevated heart rate for maximum caloric burn and fat loss.
- 5-10 minute stretch/cool down
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The benefits are endless! Combine Bill Corbett Boxing and Fitness classes with a healthy diet and you will experience:
- Significant fat loss and maximum caloric burn (600-1000 cals/class, varies based on the individual).
- Improved cardiovascular and muscular endurance, strength, and power.
- Increased speed, velocity, core strength, agility, and reactivity.
- Better balance, coordination, and motor control.
- Lean muscle definition.
Bill Corbett Boxing and Fitness will help you be better equipped to do what you love to do and face your own life challenges with confidence – whether you are playing on the field or court, training for a race, relieving stress from a demanding career, or seeking more energy to play with your children or grandchildren.
I’M NEW TO BILL CORBETT BOXING AND FITNESS. WHAT CLASS SHOULD I START WITH?
We offer a computerised Posture Screen and a one on one run-through of our classes.
TRAINING NOT STRAINING —WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
While there is clearly no easy day at Bill Corbett Boxing and Fitness, we work on conditioning the body over an 8 week cycle—building ever so slightly week to week.